| Home > Advancement > Join Troop 5
Become a part of something bigger than yourself. Catapult your career path to a higher level. Start now, and have an incredible advantage over non-scouts. Think you are too old? Think again. Young men who spend only one year in scouting are far more successful than non-scouts. And those that go on to earn Eagle Scout are even more successful!
Our program is designed for you to reach First Class within one year; a motivated scout could complete the requirements in 6 months! Star Scout takes a minimum of 4 months and Life Scout has a 6 month requirement. Eagle Scout also has a 6 month minimum requirement. So it is possible for a 16 year old to join scouting and still earn Eagle Scout!
- Have higher levels of planning and preparation skills, be goal-oriented, and network with others
- Be in a leadership position at their place of employment or local community
- Report having closer relationships with family and friends
- Volunteer for religious and nonreligious organizations
- Donate money to charitable groups
- Work with others to improve their neighborhoods
Check out this interview!
Don’t wait any longer! Join Boy Scout Troop 5 in Carlisle; start the journey down the path that will lead you to a successful life — and have a lot a fun along the way!